Quinoa is a grain-like seed, first cultivated as a food source thousands of years ago throughout the Andes; today, our Natural Directions Organic Quinoa is produced by certified organic farms in Peru and Bolivia. Considered a complete protein as it contains all 9 essential amino acids, quinoa is an excellent addition to vegan and vegetarian diets. It has a mild, slightly nutty flavor, and can be used as an alternative to rice, wheat and other cereal grains in salads, side dishes, and as a breakfast alternative with fruit and honey.
Natural Directions Organic Quinoa is:
- Certified USDA Organic
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Considered a Whole Grain, offering 43 g of whole grain per serving
- A good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein and Iron
- Naturally cholesterol and sodium free
- Naturally gluten-free and packed in a certified gluten-free facility
- Low fat
- A product of Peru or Bolivia
Because packaging changes can occur frequently, please refer to actual packaging at the time of purchase for the most updated information.